Content of this article:
Entrance and interroom, from different materials, with the different glass used for inserts. In the interior, they can perform various functions:
- aesthetic - A canvas with a glass insert looks much more interesting and impressive than the whole, even with patterns;
- visual - so, in the case of the entrance door, through the glass inserts you can look out, without using the peephole;
- lighting - light and a door can penetrate through the glass, thus, will act as an additional source of lighting.
Doors with glass look much better than doors with solid canvas.
The first function is relevant for interior design, too, the other two - only for the input. In any case, so that it looks beautiful, impressive, fits well with the interior, served for many years, you will have to grasp a little of what it may be and what it will be different from others.
Both glass and web material have different properties that need to be considered.
Cloth with glass insert looks much more interesting and impressivereturn to menu ↑
Plastic are quite common, and are used both as input and as interior. Usually they are made of polyvinyl chloride, they have the following advantages:
- Price. Plastic is inexpensive, like most synthetic materials. In fact, the plastic will be cheaper even than the frame of chipboard.
- Resilience. Plastic does not suffer from water, is not afraid of temperature changes, does not fade in the sun. It is not eaten by insects and rodents, it does not absorb liquid.
- Variety of colors. Despite the fact that plastic is usually made white, you can buy any other color - from counterfeiting natural wood to black.
- Thermal insulation and noise insulation. The plastic has a seal that fits so tightly that it provides the best possible sound insulation - if the plastic door leads to the balcony, just close it so that the street noise is completely cut off. It is the same with thermal insulation - heat does not go away through serviceable fittings at all, even if the canvas consists almost entirely of double-glazed windows.
Beautiful interior doors
Of course, there are also disadvantages:
- Simplicity. The plastic does not make patterns, it is not textured, it looks cheap. It can not be put in classic styles, otherwise it will look alien.
- Lack of mechanical stability. Plastic cracks easily if you hit it hard - and it's hard to repair it.
- Low security class. In the case of interior doors it does not matter. But if we are talking about input, everything changes - plastic is easier to open than wood or, especially, steel.
Plastic partition that serves as a door instead
Plastic with glass is used:
- as input - not too often, but if you have a private house and the main line of defense is at the fence level, no one will prevent you from placing plastic;
- as interior - sometimes, because they still look not as beautiful as the others;
- as a balcony or on a black run, it is a very common use, since security does not suffer from a low class of protection, but it provides sound insulation and heat insulation.
Plastic does not suffer from water, is not afraid of temperature changesreturn to menu ↑
Wooden are also different - it is either a solid canvas or frame. They look similar, but they are made differently and their properties are also different:
Made of a frame that is filled with a sealant, on which a chipboard or MDF sheet is hung on top. Cost inexpensive, look good. Lightweight, which means ease of installation, as well as very flexible - if you put a good sealant in such a door, its sound-proofing and heat-insulating qualities will be no worse than any other.
Wood product for a large house
In this case, a solid shield is not hung on the frame - thin boards and panels are inserted into the voids in it. This is more reliable than the shield, looks a little more interesting because of the relief, which can be very bizarre. But both thermal insulation and sound insulation can not be expected from it - heat and sounds penetrate through the places where the panels are attached to the frame.
Thin horizontal slats are hung on the rectangular frame frame. It looks minimalist, beautiful and in practice very reliable. In addition, this shit is easy to repair - if one rail fails, it can be replaced with another. But such doors also do not succeed in sound insulation and heat insulation, and also differ in weight - it can be difficult to install them.
On the frame, in which two vertical wooden blocks are fixed, an additional thin strip of glass is hung, also vertically. The result looks strictly and interesting. Distinguished by durability, normal sound insulation and heat insulation, but also very heavy - you usually have to bring them into an apartment with the help of a pair of movers.
For entrance doors use either panel constructions, or an integral massif
The only design that is made of solid wood - no frames. Very reliable, because the tree is difficult to damage, very heavy, because it usually weighs too much. It is distinguished by beauty and nobility, but it requires complex and costly processing in order to acquire sustainability, therefore it is expensive.For entrance use either panel constructions, or an integral massif - the others are too beautiful to put them on the landing or in the courtyard. In addition, they do not have too much resistance before burglary.
Wood - or wood imitation materials - is great for classic interiors. It fits into the classics, in the English style, in country and Provence, in the Scandinavian and Finnish styles.
Perfect for classic interior.BoardIf you have budget difficulties, buy not a solid array, but a shield. In appearance, it will be almost indistinguishable (especially for a person who does not understand the tree professionally), and his cost is much lower. Return to the menu
Metal do not put between the rooms - it is too expensive, and besides, it is not convenient because of the severity. But as input they do not know their equal. They have the following advantages:
- Durability. If plastic serves for ten years, and wood is fifteen, then the metal can stand in your house for half a century.
- Security. Metal has the highest possible class of protection.
- Resilience. The door of the metal is not afraid of any moisture or pests or fire.
Metal doors are expensive - this is one of their main disadvantages.
They are also very heavy, which makes installation difficult and, even worse, they are characterized by very low sound insulation and thermal insulation values. Often, only an additional layer of insulation helps to prevent the penetration of cold and extraneous sounds into the house - and from time to time it has to be changed.BoardSolid metal fabric looks dull and strict. But the canvas with glass immediately begins to look much more interesting.
It will be interesting to you:
Which Doors to the toilet and bathroom is better? 170 Options for your choice (glass, plastic, sliding)
Entrance metal door to the house (175+ Photos): From selection to decoration
Interior Doors in the interior of the apartment (305+ Photos): Stylish and modern options
White doors: 210+ (Photo) Design in the interior. Options that suit everyone
Entrance plastic doors in a private house (145+ Photo): How to make and securely and beautifully?return to menu ↑
Glass for inserts can also be very different - there are numerous processing methods, the results of which differ in order.
So, for large inserts it makes sense to use the following types:
- Triplex. Thick glass, which is obtained by gluing several sheets together with a transparent film. It looks no worse than any other and is often used for front windows of cars. It is almost impossible to break it, and even if it happens by some miracle, it will only crack and not crumble.
- Armored. Inside such a glass is a metal grid, which makes it look like it is broken into small squares. It is impossible to break it in principle - several squares can fly out on impact, but nothing else will happen.
When the dark door in the interior accents
- Tempered. Such glass is obtained when calcined the most usually sheet in a special furnace. It is difficult to break it, but if it does work out, the fragments will be large, with blunt edges. Less reliable than reinforced or triplex, but cheaper.
Other types of glass are suitable for glass inserts of different sizes - they break and, accordingly, a burglar can penetrate through them if they are larger than recommended.
- Acrylic glass. In fact, it is a transparent plastic - thin, light, transparent and almost indistinguishable in appearance from the present. When you try to hit it cracks, but only if the blow was very strong. Easy to process, easy to paint, cheaper than any other variety.
- Leafy. Such glass is made from sand and used it from time immemorial. It is transparent, may be uneven, it has no special properties. Easily beats on small fragments that can penetrate the skin. It is used only for the smallest inserts, since it is dangerous for large ones.
- Float. Such molten glass is poured onto a hot metal, as a result of which it turns out to be absolutely smooth. It is used most often - it beats badly, but costs more than acrylic.
- Polycarbonate. Stronger than acrylic a hundred times, surpasses most types of glass in strength and most other characteristics. It does not look different from any other transparent glass.
For the wardrobe roomreturn to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
Doors with glass inserts differ in design, and together with the design it differs in how they affect the overall atmosphere in the house and how they fit into the interior.return to menu ↑
The first of the groups is the doors that just open when you push them. May be on or off, look very traditional. Most of the doors that can be found in people's houses are swing doors.
- Ordinary. These doors open from yourself or yourself, occupy a large amount of space and look completely familiar. Entrance doors in the apartments almost always belong to this variety - so it comes out cheaper and more reliable.
Sliding doors in light color
- Bivalves. They are found in private houses, decorated in a classic style. They take even more space than a single structure, look pompous and massive. Inside the house, they can be placed only in large rooms - for example, in the dining room, if you are going to receive a couple of dozen guests in it.
- Swinging. Opened in both directions, occupy a place in both rooms in which go out. This design does not apply to entrance doors; for interior doors, it is considered extravagant and is only installed on demand of style - for example, very good swinging doors look high-tech.
- Stables. They remind of westerns - the door is divided into two doors, you can open one, but not open the other. They are used either to complement the country style, or for practical reasons - when there is someone in the house who cannot be allowed to leave the room, but who needs to be watched. Of course, there is no stable entry door.
Room separation option
Often the door with glass inserts is installed as an analogue of the stable door - it looks better, and it takes up less space.BoardIf you have a heavy door, consult with the master on how many loops it mount. Otherwise, the canvas may twist. Return to menu ↑
Such doors are used either in private houses as entrance doors, or as interior doors. They have two doors that are attached to the guide and move apart when needed. Places almost do not occupy, because of the presence of glass look even more extravagant than usual.
Beautiful design of a country house
- to save space is important if you have a small apartment;
- be original - plus fit perfectly into the Japanese interior.
Of the disadvantages:
- the mechanism can quickly fail if it is not looked after or used too actively - and then you have to look for the master;
- You will not make a heavy sliding door - therefore, you will have to forget about a solid solid wood and use plastic instead of glass;
- Sliding door does not provide insulation from noise and cold.
But still the coupe doors look so good that they still put them, despite the flaws.
White doors in the style of ProvenceBoardThe door with a frosted glass insert, which shows cranes, will fit especially well into the Japanese interior. Return to the menu
Roto and folding
In addition to all the swing doors and sliding doors, there are two more types:
- Folding, they are "accordions". They represent a canvas connected by loops - it can have up to five sections. When someone needs to go through the doorway, he simply pushes the door back as a screen. It looks very original and aesthetic, especially if there are glass inserts in the door.
- Roto - the latest development. They are mounted on the axis in the middle of the opening and, when a person needs to pass, he simply presses one half of the sash and the door turns around its axis. It also takes up a lot of space, like a folding one, but it looks original and very decorative.
Accordion mechanismThe only significant drawback of such doors is the fragility of their mechanisms. Loops tend to fail. The swivel mechanism, too, especially if you use it carelessly. And repairing it can be expensive.BoardBoth the roto and the folding door are great for a private house, where there is a lot of space, and the style allows the most original solutions. Return to menu ↑ return to menu
Different doors look different and affect a whole list of factors to consider.
When doors play an important role in designreturn to menu ↑
Glass processing method
Firstly, what part of the door is occupied by glass is what matters:
- Large insert for the entire size of the canvas. Transmits light, provides an outward appearance, looks just perfect in styles that require a lot of sunlight. But they definitely need to be darkened on the outside, otherwise all passersby will be able to look into the house and form their opinion.
- Average insertion. Usually it is placed in the upper part of the canvas, because more light passes through it this way and so does not remain a strange sensation in a person who rises next to the door.
- Small inset. It can be a narrow horizontal, narrow vertical, as well as patterned inserts, which can represent geometric shapes, plants, birds - anything. This solution is the most beautiful and original.
Sliding structures along the wall
Glass can be decorated very differently.
It may be:
- Transparent. For small inserts is quite suitable. A very simple solution, very unassuming and anyone standing behind the door will be able to look into it. Although if the glass is placed so that there is an opportunity to watch someone in another room - for a small child, for a sick relative - such a decision is quite good.
- Color. If you look through such glasses, the whole world seems to be colorful and bright. Usually they are put not in the singular, but in the plural - the more color inserts on the door, the more interesting it looks, especially if you give them some meaning and combine them into a beautiful pattern.
- Matt. Such glass is opaque on both sides and looks good in a sliding door in the Japanese interior, since it is possible to draw hieroglyphs on it and it looks appropriate. The color of the glass is usually silver.
- Matte color. Such glasses are more beautiful than simple colored ones, although it will not work out through them.
The light that enters through them is usually scattered and can complement the interior with soft-colored spots on the floor.
- Mirror. It can be mirrored on one side, maybe both. Allows you to use full glazing instead of a growth mirror, it looks interesting. Especially spectacular small mirror inserts.
- Stained glass window. It is made in the form of a mosaic of small colored elements. It looks interesting, it can depict any drawing, any scene. But - stained glass is fragile. It is used exclusively for interior doors.
- Fusing. If the elements of the stained glass are inserted into the frame, the elements of float are melted over a large glass sheet. The result is the same stained glass, only with smoother lines and more durable. If it was made on triplex, it’s most likely not to break fusing.
- Etching. Glass under the influence of acid becomes dull and traces remain on it, similar to lightning. It breaks easier than usual, because it is used only in interior doors. It looks very impressive.
- Laser engraving. Allows you to make a shiny image on the frosted glass - and the picture can be any. Usually such glass does not lose in durability.
Option on the whole wall
- Sandblasting. The glass becomes matte and granular under the influence of pressure-directed sand. It becomes more fragile, but it looks very beautiful. You can put a pattern on it and then there will be transparent areas that form the pattern.
- Painting. Usually done with special paints for glass - you can hire a master, you can buy a ready-made drawing made on the stencil. It will be interesting to look, patterns can be easily entered into the style.
- Photo printing. It makes little sense on glass, but you can still make it - glue a film on glass, on which something interesting will be shown.
In fact, glass can be processed as you like - it can be colored, transparent, frosted, painted, engraved, with small squares of reinforcement.